lunes, 25 de octubre de 2010

Another kiss

Don't you worry, I'm not turning into a hopeless romantic only shooting people in love, silently judging their happiness. At least that's what I tell myself :)
But seriously, this is an old picture that I remembered after posting the Stockholm kiss.
You can tell it's an old one cause it's in color, I don't really shoot much color anymore. That, and the fact that it's a wideangle pic. I don't really shoot wideangle anymore. At least not in the street.

So, here's this week's picture: The kiss

That's a random street in Strasbourg, France. June 2008 I think.

I usually hate these "fake color" pictures, where you desaturate the image and just leave something in color. It strikes me as fake, and well... just not my cup of tea. But having said that, what I adore about this shot is the splash of color from the red light, specially on the wet street. It's 100% luck and I think it looks wonderful.
No "artificial" post processing was done to the image, that was the way that night particular street looked like that night. Also, that kiss is fantastic. I love how it's pretty hidden in the image, but once you see it, you cannot stop looking at it.

2 comentarios:

  1. I love the natural way the street lamp draws your eye up to the left, then when you look back down you see the couple kissing. It's as if there's a spotlight on them, even though they're alone in the shot.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Funny you mention that... cause I was toying with the idea of cropping the street lamp from the shot. I thought it took the spotlight (pun intended) away from the kiss and the red reflections everywhere.

    That said, I like the uncropped version better. It does give it a nice sense of symmetry and a nice path for your eyes to follow!

    Thanks for the comment :)

    ResponderEliminar